Art Director Cover Letter
Art Directors work in the advertising industry and are responsible for producing ideas for various campaign types. Media these professionals target include print, television, cinema, Internet, radio, and press. Main responsibilities of an Art Director include collaborating with copywriters, following client briefs, presenting ideas to clients, briefing members of the creative team, guiding new creatives, and attending creation meetings.
A well-written sample cover letter for Art Director should showcase the following assets:
- Creativity and the ability to produce visual concepts
- Self-motivation and perseverance
- Organizational and managerial skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Being able to accept constructive criticism
- A passion for advertising
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of relevant software
- An eye for details and accuracy
An example cover letter for Art Director mentioning similar skills is provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Art Director Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Anthony:
Conceptual innovation, key client relationships, and team collaboration are all essential components to success in creative design. As a highly accomplished professional with extensive experience designing and executing successful, visionary advertising projects for high-profile brands, I am positioned to make a significant impact on your organization as your next Art Director.
My background lies in driving the design and execution of forward-thinking, cutting-edge creative campaigns and services for a variety of top-level clients. With expertise in directing set production and graphic creation and placement—along with my ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers—I am confident that my talents and abilities will significantly benefit Ozering.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Interpreting client messaging to create a strategic and compelling artistic strategy in alignment with client vision, and directing teams through all aspects of visual presentations to generate product sales success and maximum client satisfaction.
- Demonstrating expertise in visual direction, artistic innovation, and brand positioning while excelling in fast-paced, time-sensitive environments.
- Successfully building trusting relationships to facilitate seamless project executions.
- Earning a variety of industry awards, including 3 “Addy Awards,” for design and advertising excellence.
With my keen ability to evolve conceptual campaigns and design projects, combined with my in-depth experience in team management and collaboration, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding creative services and direction to your company. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Russell G. Parente
Make sure you’re advertising yourself for the best job opportunities by using our sample resume for an art director below as a guide, and download the sample resume for an art director in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Leverage strategic vision, business acumen, and artistic talent to deliver high-impact marketing, print-design, and ecommerce projects
Solid success directing and implementing broad range of revenue-generating design projects, from conception to launch. Readily translate business requirements into effective advertising campaigns. Partner cross-functionally to build consensus and ensure projects meet all milestones, deadlines, and budget requirements. Intuitively adapt to new technology and innovative processes while ensuring compliance with corporate standards.
— Areas of Emphasis —
- Full Life Cycle Project Management
- Cutting-edge Graphic Design
- Web Usability Best Practices / UX
- Targeted E-mail Campaigns
- Newsletters / Brochures / Flyers
- Press Releases & Media Kits
- Mechanical Art / Print Production
- Style Sheets & CSS
- Cost Control / Budget Administration
- Staff, Vendor, & Media Relations
Art Director, 5/2014 to Present
Clevinger-Orr Marine – Madison, Wisconsin
Efficiently lead and administer creative design projects in support of ongoing marketing and merchandizing programs for national manufacturer specializing in inflatable fishing and recreational boats.
Assess market position and trends, devise advertising strategy, and present to senior management. Create design theme and graphics focused on B2B and B2C online and print marketing campaigns. Forge and sustain high-performance production and design teams. Coordinate with Executive Director on selection of papers, inks, and various outside sources / purchases essential to project completion. Review all production materials on key projects and provide signature authority; manage operational, strategic, financial, bid review, staffing, and administrative functions. Ensure compliance with and implement corporate standards.
- Provided creative vision and concept design for $1.2M retail contract while meeting strict turnaround schedule.
- Significantly expanded online presence by leveraging talent for market trend analysis and contemporary design; effected 300% revenue increase in key channels.
- Maximized ROI by building partnerships with third-party vendors, graphic designers, Web developers, models, and broadcast talent.
Copy Director / Creative Associate, 4/2008 to 5/2014
Daneeka Medical Group – Green Bay, Wisconsin
Led user-facing graphic design / content development for physician-owned, multispecialty group delivering highest quality medical care across three states.
Interpreted complex health-related information, translating into accessible designs and content. Emphasized brand continuity across various media such as cutting-edge graphics, informational literature, and Web content. Contributed to creation of engaging and dynamic educational materials for training internal and external team members. Presented creative design strategy to various groups and fostered consensus across all stakeholders.
- Successfully completed multiphase projects involving budgets up to $350,000.
- Credited with delivering robust, focused design concept promoting launch of new specialty branch.
- Commended for proactively facilitating brand-building community events.
Graphic Designer, 7/2004 to 3/2008
Minderbinder Farms – Marshfield, Wisconsin
Developed, rendered, and expanded art concepts throughout production of advertising campaigns for region’s third largest distributor of eggs and poultry.
Collaborated with creative team to develop artwork for marketing initiatives. Conceived original designs and marketing concepts used in brochures, pamphlets, fliers, and billboards. Contributed to customer-facing publicity campaigns, assisting Art Director and Production Manager with photo shoots / projects, press proofing, and 2-D graphic design.
- Received company award for providing original and pioneering marketing concepts.
Bachelor of Arts Management, Minor in Graphic Arts, 2007
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Mac OS, Windows
Microsoft Office; Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator); Google Analytics; CRM, Hootsuite, Marketo, Survey Monkey, Basecamp, Mail Chimp; HTML, CSS
Check out a midlevel art director resume sample for additional resume format tips.